About Dr. D. K. Jain
A fIRM OF professional LEGAL & SECRETARIAL PRACTITIONERS.
Dr. D.K.Jain is M.Com, FCS, ACIS (UK) and Ph.d his professional details are as under:
- ICSI Membership Number/Date of Issue: FCS 3565/ 20 April, 1999 (ACS since 1994)
- ICSI Certificate of Practice Number/Date of Issue: CP 2382 / 20 November 1995
- Year of Establishment of my Practice: 1995.
Between 1985 to 1994
Between 1994 to 1995
- Worked in the Madhya Pradesh Rajya Van Vikas Nigam Limited, an enterprise of the Government of Madhya Pradesh, as the Assistant Manager (Accounts)
- Worked in the Fluidomat Limited a private sector listed company, as a Company Secretary.
- Practising Company Secretary.
Besides the Fellow membership of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, I hold the following ICSI-recognised academic qualifications:
- B. Com. (Bachelor of Commerce)- Vikram University of Ujjain, India, 1980.
- M. Com. (Master of Commerce)- Vijram University of Ujjain, India, 1982.
- Ph. D. (Doctor of Philosophy by Research in Commerce)- Vikram University of Ujjain, India, 2007 (Research Topic: “Generally Accepted Accounting Principles And Its Effects of Final Accounts: A Comparative Study between United Estates of America, United Kingdom and India”
International Professional Qualifications
Academic and Professional Distinctions and Honours
- Qualified as Chartered Secretaries from the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, London (UK), 2001
- Honours or awards in the field of teaching, research, authorship etc. conferred by nationally accredited institutions:
- Besides the professional and other academic qualifications mentioned above, I have gained the following distinctions and honours in the field of Corporate Laws and Practice:
- I was Member, Editorial Board of the monthly journal focus published by Western India Regional Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- I am member of the Research and Publication Committee of the Western India Regional Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- I was the Chairman of the professional development committee/Practising Company Secretaries of Indore Chapter of Western India Regional Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- Founder Chairman and Director of the Institute of Corporate Directors of India a section 25 Company, registered by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for IEPF.
- Obtained work permit under the Highly Skilled Migrant Program from the Government of United Kingdom in 1996.
My Published Professional Books/works:
Regular contributor on corporate laws.
So far authored 32 books (including repeated editions) on Corporate Law, Securities Law, including. Some of the prominent ones are:
- Company Law Ready Reckoner: Law, Practice & Procedure (First edition 2003- 10th Edition 2011)- Over 1800 pages with CD, comprehensive commentary and practical aspects of the Company Law and covers most of the relevant topics for the uses in the corporate management and compliances.
- Guideline to NRIs & PIOs (Policy, Procedure and Taxation (Two editions 2010 & 2011)) over 850 Pages, A handbook dealing with the matter relating to NRIs & PIOs for residential status, transactions of foreign currency, FDI Policy for investment in India, Investment in Joint Venture and Wholly Owned Subsidiaries, opening of foreign currency accounts, capital transaction, investment in Foreign Director Investment LLP in India, taxation aspects. The Book is also co-authored by Mr. Ishan Jain.
- Guide to Private Limited Company (edition 2010): A legal commentary and practice handbook dealing with all aspects of a private limited company, including, incorporation, members, directors, filing of forms and returns, meetings, etc. The Book is also co-authored by Mr. Ishan Jain.
- The Company Law Settlement Scheme and Easy Exit Scheme-2010: Exhaustive practical book for defunct of the Companies under section 560 of the Companies Act, 1956 and filing of forms for immunity under the Company Law Settlement Scheme, prosecution, compounding of offences. The Book is also co-authored by Mr. Ishan Jain.
- Limited Liability Partnership (Law and Procedures) (Two editions 2010)- A comprehensive book for incorporation of Limited Liability Partnership, LLP Agreement, filing of forms to the Registrar, designated partners, contribution, liabilities and aspects relating to taxation on LLP, etc.
- Company law Procedure (Edition 2008)- A Four Volume book for detailed comprehensive volumes, divided for detailed commentary, filing of forms, Drafting of minutes, notices, resolution, and Rules and Regulations having more than 6700 pages..
- Filing of Forms and Returns (2 editions) – containing over 1600 Pages with CD is practice manual dealing with all types of forms and returns under e-filing concept as well as filing of various returns and documents under the listing agreement.
- Company Resolutions, Notices, Meetings and Minutes (Edition 8 to 11) over 2000 Pages with CD were revised work of Mr. K.V.Shanbhogue, with Ms. Abha Jaiswal, covering legal aspects for drafting of the notices, resolutions, meetings and minutes with the relevant case studies, specimens, scheme of arrangement, various draft of the agreements used by corporate.
- Preferential Issue of Securities (2004)- A comprehensive book for issuance of securities by the Listed and unlisted public limited companies, pre and post issue requirement for issuance of securities, compliance of listing agreement and SEBI Regulations.
- Simplified Exist Scheme-2005 (Two Editions- in 2005). Exhaustive practical book for defunct of the Companies under section 560 of the Companies Act, 1956 under the Simplified Exist Scheme 2005.
- Practical Guide to Company Law (2003) having more than 1700 pages, covering all the practical and procedural aspects of the Company Law.
- Practical Guide to Compliance Certificate (edition 2001)- Law and practical aspects for issuance of compliance certificate by a Company Secretary in whole-time practice as required under section 383(1A) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- Fast Track Scheme-2000 (Edition 2000). Exhaustive practical book for defunct of the Companies under section 560 of the Companies Act, 1956 under the Fast Track Scheme 2000.
- Company law Settlement Scheme-2000 (edition 2000). Exhaustive practical book for filing of forms for immunity under the Company Law Settlement Scheme-2000, prosecution, compounding of offences, etc.
A mammoth, over 6,700 page on Company Law procedure in four volumes 2008 edition.
Contribution in Seminars, Workshops, Conferences:
Actively contribute in conventions, conferences, training programmes and seminars and have so far presented papers or spoken in more than 50 seminars, workshops, conferences and conventions besides contributing papers at the Chapter and Regional Levels.